To say that there is a bit of pressure being applied to those who are hesitant to get vaccinated is a huge understatement! The unvaccinated “outcasts”, are portrayed as “selfish, uncaring, Anti-vaxers”, by many who have joined the mob mentality of an out of control COVID-19 hysteria. Yes, I meant to say hysteria.
Today, the World is being ruled by fear even more than usual. I absolutely believe we should be concerned about COVID and its variants, which have killed so many, and effected us all. It is a serious problem, but only one of many serious problems in our World. Let me say this to be as clear as I can, I am not writing this to change anyone’s mind about being vaccinated. There are reasons that the vaccines are a good choice for some people. God has given us so much medical knowledge, which in turn has produced results that are miracle like, reducing suffering, and extending life. But as far as noble pursuits go, history shows, these things do not always work out as intended. That said, I see vaccines as a partial solution to our COVID-19 problem. It is a complex problem, that has many paths to resolution, and multiple attack points to victory. It is not my intent to start a “to vaccinate or not vaccinate” debate here. So let me now shift my focus to another battle, one that everyone will go through in their life. Our personal daily battle for hope and peace.
This battle eventually leads every single person to a question. One of the most important questions we ever face… how are we going to confront death? Many, many people, having been shocked awake by COVID, are now looking at their own mortality. Ultimately, and simply, our mortality forces us to face WHAT it is we believe comes AFTER this life.
Most people want to live… this fact has been demonstrated by the unbelievable amount of fear that has gripped the World over COVID-19. Every breath of life, given by our creator, is precious and should not be minimize when lost. Each life ended, leaves behind loved ones who now face heartbreak, and life changing circumstances. Every one is tragic. I have witnessed many friends going through sufferings and trials in this COVID era. But I know this. God sees our pain, and wants to be our comforter in times of hurting, and our rock when the world falls down around us. So, why as believers, do we find comfort and hope in the midst of death and suffering?
It starts by accepting what God has told us. That in our life we will face struggles, sufferings, and physical death…
- Psalms 55:4 (NKJV) My heart is severely pained within me, And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
- Psalms 116:3 (NKJV) The pains of death surrounded me, And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me; I found trouble and sorrow.
- Romans 7:24 (NKJV) O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
God does not forsake us though we all have forsaken him. Likewise, He will never deny those who turn to Him. God identifies with our suffering! Jesus came, suffered, and died. He faced these things so we could be given the opportunity to have spiritual life in him. Death has no victory over anyone found in Christ.
- Hosea 13:14 (NKJV) “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O Death, I will be your plagues! O Grave, I will be your destruction! Pity is hidden from My eyes.”
- Acts 2:24 (NKJV) whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.
- Revelation 2:11 (NKJV) “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.” ’
- I Peter 3:18 (NKJV) For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
Jesus Christ has vaccinated all who trust in him against spiritual death. This vaccine is 100 percent safe and effective. The “virus” of Death, is also 100 percent effective at separating our spirit from our body, meaning there is no do over. The urgency to accept Christ is great! We are at death’s door daily, due to sin, and Christ is the one and only way to eternal life.
- Matthew 10:28 (NKJV) And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- I Corinthians 8:6 (NKJV) yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
- Acts 4:12 (NKJV) Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
God’s offer of salvation is not the vaccine to hesitate on, because our only other option, is a spiritual death, this is forever. Once you are vaccinated there is no fear in death, yet, we still can be troubled by it. God is our comfort in this too! See also, physical death for the believer is likened to taking a nap by Jesus.
- Luke 8:52 (NKJV) Now all wept and mourned for her; but He said, “Do not weep; she is not dead, but sleeping.”
- II Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- I Peter 5:7 (NKJV) casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
- Isaiah 44:8 (NKJV) Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”
- Psalms 23:4 (NKJV) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
This message of hope, carried in the heart of every believer in Jesus, is desperately needed by the World right now. Yet, are the times darker than they were in the past? I don’t think so. What is true though, there is less time now for souls to come to Jesus.
- Zephaniah 1:14 (NKJV) The great day of the Lord is near; It is near and hastens quickly. The noise of the day of the Lord is bitter; There the mighty men shall cry out.
Nearly everything we see is focused on COVID-19 and the many other crisis in our world. We cannot escape it, and the bottom line is the power these hold over us are in the death that these things can bring to us and our families. For those in the world who have not given much thought to what is beyond this life, these days may be especially stressful. As some must feel that they are standing at the edge of an abyss. For believers who have trusted in God, this time of upheaval certainly tests our faith. But we are able and should be clinging to the promises of our Heavenly Father.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Revelation 21:4 (NKJV) And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
If you have read to this point and have not yet trusted Jesus Christ for your salvation…Please read just a little more!
What? Do you think God is too busy to care about you, or that you are carrying too much baggage to be able to call God your Heavenly Father? Both are not true. God loves you! You were made in His image, and He wants you to bear the image of His son Jesus as well.
And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
God decided to do the unthinkable…He sacrificed Himself for the World to give you a choice. Believe or Don’t believe. Jesus said that if you believe you will have life.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
What do you believe? Do you believe what God did to give you access to Himself? The Good News is this…
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 1 CORINTHIANS 15:1-5
If you believe these things, you have passed from death to life.
YOU ARE VACCINATED (Spiritually)! Welcome to the answer to the question you have been asking, and to LIFE. God bless you!
Why not get a Covid vaccine?
A thoughtful article on the reasons some people are deciding not to vaccinate, or are holding off getting COVID vaccines.
— Read on https://trialsitenews.com/why-so-many-americans-are-refusing-to-get-vaccinated/